This project is made possible throught the efforts of a number of individuals and institutions, including:
- University of Prince Edward Island Robertson Library
- The Library provides the technical infrastructure for creating and serving the content on the site, and contributions have been made by both staff anf students at the institution.
- Mark Leggott, Donald Moses, Paul Pound, Peter Lux, Kris Bulman, Rob Drew, Simon Lloyd, Everton Kennedy, Dale McClure, Robyn Thomson, Kaitlin Newson, Joey Phillips.
- The Guardian
- The Guardian has supported the project with both financial and resource contributions, and of course has given us the rich content available in our new site.
- Gary MacDougall, Jocelyne Lloyd
- Peter Rukavina
- Peter is a Charlottetown businessman and the 2013 Hacker in Residence at the Robertson Library. He has provided advice throughout the project and through his own efforts demonstrates what can be done when important data like this is made openly accessible.
- The PEI Public Archives and Records Office
- PARO has provided the project with source material from their collections (to create better scans) and also resources to assist with the project.
- Jill MacMicken-Wilson, Jannah Toms, Claire Trainor, John Boylan,
- Heather Boylan provided contextual information about PEI's newspaper history via her Checklist and historical directory of Prince Edward Island newspapers 1787-1986.
- Our Donors
- The Robertson Library has benefitted from the generosity of a number of private and institutional donors, including Saint Dunstan's University Board of Governors and SDU alumni (especially the Class of 1954), The Prince of Wales College Alumni Association, James Simpson Palmer, and a number of other donors interested in making Prince Edward Island's history available to all. Our donors include the following individuals and organizations who have contributed to specific titles in the IslandNewspapers Collection:
- The Islandora Community
If you would like to contribute to the development of the IslandNewspapers Project, please visit our donor page.